Monday, October 3, 2011

McFatty Monday Update

Whoa! What a week....

Last week was my birthday and it was another hard week to get through. It started on Saturday when we celebrated with my mom at Texas Roadhouse then it continued on Tuesday, my actual birthday. First I was greeted at work by a co-worker with a yummy Pumpkin Spice Latte, then I was treated to lunch and a cupcake by a group of co-workers. That night my boys treated me to a great dinner at Applebee's. The fun did not seem to stop and I went out for happy hour with a group of girls for Martinis and Manicure....so much fun!! All this excitement was matched by a lot of stress from work. We had a wonderful Tea Party for our girls and event on Saturday that was a lot of my stress. 
 
I know these all seem like pretty lame excuses but, it was enough to make me nervous going into my weigh-in on Saturday and I decided to "skip the scale". However, I did stay for my meeting which is the most important part of this journey. The meeting topic was about "Why do you want to lose weight?" Paris my leader asked us to come up with some very specific reasons why we want to lose weight. Below are my top 5 reasons why I want to lose weight:

5. I want to be able to shop in any store in the mall. When I go shopping with my girlfriends I want to be able to shop in all the stores they shop in and not have to go to a special section or just stand by and watch them shop.

4. I don't want my son to ask me why I am fatter than his other friend's moms. I know this is totally innocent and he is just curious but I sure does not make me feel good when he asks it.

3. I want to look HOT. My husband tells me all the time that I am hot to him, however; I am a bit shallow and would love to be hot to more people than my husband. I want his friends to think, "damn, your wife is hot"

2. I want to get off my medications.  If I were to get off my medications I would save around $800/year. There are so many more things I would rather buy with that money....clothes, shoes, purses.

And the Number One Reason I want to lose weight
1. I want to weigh less than my husband. I have never, in the 10 years we have been together, been lighter than him. I could be 2 pounds lighter than him and happy for the rest of my life. I simply want to weigh less than he does.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment