Thursday, October 6, 2011

Very Pinteresting....


This is a new topic that I am adopting. Each week I will write a blog about something I have pinned on Pinterest. If you do not know what Pinterest is, please send me an email and I will send you an invitation to join the obsession.

This weeks pin is about procrastination. We all do it, some much better than others. I happen to be an expert procrastinator.  I do just what the picture above says, I wait for the perfect conditions. I have missed out on many opportunities because of this waiting for the "perfect" time. 

I think it is human nature to procrastinate. The things we tend to put off are the things that are not fun.....going to the dentist.....taking your car for maintenance....cleaning the house....We never say "I think I'll wait to  have that massage until the time is right" We always make time in our lives for the things we love to do. I think now is the time to step back and think about all the non-fun things we have to do and make time in our lives for them. Put them on the calendar....in ink....and make them a priority. 

I often find myself putting things for Ethan down on my list and making them a higher priority than anything that is on the list for me. I know as mothers we all do this but we all have to stop and remember that if we don't take care of ourselves, we can't take care of them.  This week, try to make one of those not so fun activities a priority in your schedule and don't put it off until the timing is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment