Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is here and we all know what that means….Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This cause is very near and dear to my heart, not only because I have breasts and want to keep them healthy but because I know and have known some wonderful ladies that have been affected by this disease.

When I met my husband I learned that his sister, Sharon, is a breast cancer survivor. Sharon was the first person I had personally known that had breast cancer. We are all so glad she is a survivor and she is one of the strongest women I know!

Ethan with his Aunt Sharon at Denver's Race for the Cure 2006
I also had a friend named Susan that had breast cancer twice and lost her battle the second time. She was a volunteer fire fighter and EMT and an all around good person.
My co-worker Kathy is also a breast cancer survivor, she is a great friend and mentor  and also one of the strongest ladies out there.

I hope all the ladies out there remember to do their breast self-exams! Lets all make sure we do our part to keep ourselves healthy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment