Monday, September 26, 2011

McFatty Monday Update

Well readers, I am back. I took a couple weeks off from my blog while my family was moving. We are all moved in to our new place and getting unpacked. It was a lot of hard work but we made it through and love our bigger place. I have to say it was difficult to stay on the Weight Watchers Program during this time. We did not fill our kitchen in a normal fashion since we would have to move it. We ended up in a drive-thru much more than I would like to admit. I did try my best to order food that is better for me but there are not too many choices at fast food joints. 

I stayed the same weight the last two weeks which is great because that means all the "not so great" food I ate was counter balanced by all the exercise I did during the move.  I am not sure how many stairs I climbed but I am sure that helped me not gain any fast food weight.

I must say that we are entering my favorite time of the year! I love fall and all the bounty it brings. One of my favorite foods of the fall is apples. I know we can get apples all year but they taste so much better during the fall. There are so many things you can do with apples besides just eating them for a yummy snack with some cheese. I love to make applesauce, saute them and serve with pork and bake them with cinnamon (its a great dessert). Here in Colorado we have hit the best apple season of them all...Honeycrisp apple season. If  you have never tried a Honeycrisp apple, you need to find one at your local store or email me and I will mail one to you. They are the best apples I have ever tasted, they taste like candy because they are so sweet and they are as crisp as a Granny Smith. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and be sure to try all the wonderful apples that are out there during this wonderful harvest season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment