Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Love Conquers All


I recently went to a memorial service for a friend’s mother. I have known this friend and his mother since High School and she was a lot like a second mom during that time. While I was at the memorial service I found out that her and her husband has met in Middle School and had been together ever since. This seems to be an amazing feat to me in this day and age. I am sure they had good times as well as hard times in their marriage. They had two children, which can’t always be easy on the marriage. I was in awe of the devotion these two people obviously have to each other. Every person who got up to speak about her mentioned how much she loved her husband and how much they were still in love now, after all these years.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my husband very much and I am completely devoted to him and our marriage. There have been days, not a lot, that I thought, “there is no way we will make it to 10 years.” Learning about my friend’s parents has proved to me that love can conquer all. Marriage is not easy and any married person will agree with that fact. I have to work on my marriage every day. I see now that all this work is worth it. It is wonderful to have a partner in life and I intend to have my husband as my partner in life for the rest of my life. I hope everyone reading this has found the love of your life, if you have, be sure to work hard at keeping it and if you haven't have faith that you will find your love. Love conquers all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment