Monday, April 18, 2011

McFatty Monday Update

The last two weeks have been very hard for me. With all that has been going on with my mom my weight loss was not the first thing on my mind. I did not have an update last week because I was not really blogging much through all that time. Last week I gained 0.2 when I weighed in. I know most of that was simply stress. I did manage to eat well most of the days, I think I just ate too much because I am a stress eater. If only I could be a stress runner!

This week was much better I lost 2 pounds when I weighed in on Saturday. I feel back on track. My stress level has gone down and I think I will be back on my regular schedule this week.

The thing that is hardest for me is the feeling I get when I don't lose weight or gain weight. I feel off track and I get discouraged. Last week I was too damn busy to host my pity party so I had to just go on and stay on track. I think the key to my success through stressful times is just to be too keep myself busy so I don't get too down on myself.

My challenge for this week will be today, we have an all day budget planning meeting for work and we are off site, eating lunch out and will have snacks around all day. Most of the people I work with are also trying to be healthy and they are bringing healthy snacks. There are, of course, the few that will bring some crap that no one needs and we will all be tempted by. I know for a fact that there will be bagels and possibly doughnuts in some form. Since we are all taking a snack I decided to take a snack I know I can eat so I can ensure I don't feel deprived of the snacking experience. (god forbid I don't have a snack!) Here's to a great week for everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Jenni....you lost 2 lbs - that is great!!! (and better than me...heeheehee). Every journey starts with a step, and sometimes there are back-steps, but I know you - you can keep on going forward. Hope your Mom is doing well also!

    ReplyDelete