Friday, November 25, 2011

Eating Crow Today

So, earlier this week I blogged about not shopping all the madness of Black Friday and how I was irritated about how many stores were open on Thanksgiving. 

Well, today I am eating a big slice of pumpkin humble pie. At my family's Thanksgiving Feast yesterday, everyone started looking at the sale flyers from the paper. Once I saw several toys my son has on his Christmas Wish List, at 50% off, I knew I had to change my mind and venture out for the deals. 

I did feel a little better about my shopping because I did not go to any store on Thanksgiving, instead I decided to go at Midnight to Target. I had three very clear items I was going for and had a game plan once I got there. 
Since we live in one of the smaller suburbs of Denver, I did not think the store would be too crowded and went there at 11:50 p.m. Once I got there I realized I had made a grave misjudgement of the crowd. The line was very long and it was quite cold and windy but I was determined to get the items I had come for. Once the clock hit 12:00 the line began to move, a little at a time. It took me 15 min. to actually enter the store and since it was so windy and cold all of us in the long line looked like March of the Penguins all huddled together to keep warm. 

Once I got inside I realized that most people were there that early for televisions but the whole store seemed to be filled in every aisle. Since Target was handing out maps to all of us in line I had a game plan and knew exactly where I needed to go. I got the three items I as looking for and headed to the front to check out. Another 20 min. in line to check out and I was done and out the door. I was pleased with my purchases and glad I saved as much as I did. On my way home I knew I had to write this blog today because I had such a strong opinion in my last post. 

For all of you who also went out shopping, I hope you found some great deals and saved lots of money on your Christmas gifts.

4 comments:

  1. All these black Friday posts, made me sad I didn't go:( hope you had a nice thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found what you were looking for and were able to get in and out pretty quickly!

    New follower here from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's late Sunday night, but I'm finally finding time to hop with Lucy and Sam! I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't participated in the Black Friday ordeal, sounds like you made out pretty well :)

    following GFC, Twitter and voted :)

    ReplyDelete