Thursday, October 27, 2011

Music make the world go round.....

Music means so much to many people around the world. Music is used in celebration, mourning, relaxation, nostalgia, to show love, to ease pain and many, many more situations. 

I, like many people, use music for all facets of my life. There is never a day that goes by when i don't listen to music and the type of music depends on my mood at any given time of the day. I have a very eclectic taste in music. On my iPod you can find country, rock, pop, reggae, classical, bluegrass and christian. I don't think I could ever say I have one taste in music, there is WAY too much great music out there to stick to one genre. I would have to say that I LOVE the Beatles! Their music is so transcendent and timeless. I also LOVE classical music, Mozart is my very favorite composer. There are many days when you can pass by my desk at work and hear Mozart playing so smoothly from my iPod. 

When I want music to exercise to, which let's face it is not very often, I tend to put on Brittany Spears or Byonce. I love the energy I get from their music. 

I know that we all have music that makes up the "soundtrack of our life" and at any point of the day when we hear a song it can take us back to our first love, prom, college, nights in the club, your wedding, late nights singing to your child, fun road trips, lazy days at home.

I began playing instruments at age 9 in the 4th grade and was in band and/or choir all the way through college. I have a deep affection for music and a fantastic appreciation for all the wonderful musicians out there that play in the soundtrack to my life.
Whatever is going on in you life, you can always count on music to be there for you. Let me know what music is on your "soundtrack" and take the challenge to try a new genre, you never know when you might fall in love with that music.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment