Friday, July 8, 2011

Y3W - Oh My DOG!

Ming and Ethan (18 months)

When Ethan was 18 months I got an email about a Pug that needed a good home. His owner had passed away and there was no family to take him. I jumped on the chance to get a dog for my little man! I called my hubby and asked him about it, he said we would talk more about when we got home that night. Well the doggie came to visit me at work and we fell in love. Needless to say, my hubby and I did talk about the dog that night because I happened to walk through the door with my new Pug ~ Ming.

Since that time, I have learned all about having a Pug for a dog. Because I had never owned a dog before I was unaware of some of the behaviors that dogs possessed. I thought dogs would be just as easy as a cat, only you had to walk them. Boy was I in for a surprise.

Pugs are very much a "person dog" they like their people and have to be right where the people are. In my house that is usually me, Ming has to be right where I am at all times. Ming does not play with Ethan as I had hoped when we got him. He trails water all over our house with his jowels. And he will eat anything that he presumes to be edible in our house. With all the flaws that my dog does possess (like having the WORST breath) he loves us every day and brings a lot of personilaty to our little household.


No comments:

Post a Comment